Daniel Kramer is a trial lawyer who specializes in representing families and individuals involved in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death matters, as well as employment discrimination and retaliation lawsuits. Daniel has obtained numerous jury verdicts as lead counsel, all victories on behalf of his clients. Multiple verdicts have been featured in both The Daily Journal, Verdict Search, The Huffington Post, and Fox 11 News. Five verdicts were ranked as the top 50 verdicts in the state of California for 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 by TopVerdict.com. Early in his career, Daniel tried one of the first cases in Los Angeles County history to embrace a controversial new law regarding the recoverability of health insurance payments in personal injury actions. In his first year with the firm, Daniel obtained a $3 million settlement on behalf of the family of a WWII veteran who was tragically killed when a truck owned by a large grocery store chain ran a red light and crushed their husband and father to death. In 2015, Daniel obtained a $1,237,500 settlement on the eve of trial on behalf of CalTrans worker who was severely injured in a freeway collision. In 2016, Daniel obtained a $1,420,000 settlement just before trial against a shopping center for failing to protect its customers when a vehicle jumped a curb severely injuring a mother and her two daughters. Also in 2016, Daniel obtained a $1,000,000 policy limits settlement on behalf of a family who lost their 87-year-old father and grandfather who fell down a poorly lit stairwell. In late 2016, Daniel obtained a $2,160,000 jury verdict against the City of Los Angeles in a slip and fall case. That verdict was selected as one of California’s Top 100 verdicts in 2016. In 2017, he obtained a $1,830,000 wrongful termination verdict and judgement on behalf of a minimum wage worker who was terminated because of his disability, where the jury awarded punitive damages. In 2018, Daniel received a $2,847,500 verdict against two large construction companies after his client fell in an open trench resulting in 3 broken ribs and permanent nerve damage. Last year, Daniel obtained an $850,000 verdict in a very difficult slip and fall trial where the client suffered a fractured knee cap.
In 2015, Daniel graduated from the renowned Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College; that same year he graduated from CAALA’s Plaintiff Trial Academy. In 2016, he graduated from the Trojan Horse Method.
From 2013-2020, Daniel has been consistently honored as a “Top Attorney” in personal injury and employment law by Pasadena Magazine, which reached out to thousands of lawyers from all over the Los Angeles and Pasadena vote for the “most esteemed and highly regarded attorneys” in their chosen fields. Dan was distinguished for his “exceptional service” in his specialties.
From 2018-2020 he has been selected as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” which recognizes no more than the top 2.5% of attorneys in each state.
In 2017 and 2018 he was a finalist for CAALA’s prestigious “Rising Star” award, given to the top plaintiff attorney in Los Angeles under the age of 40.
From 2012-2017 he was an adjunct professor at Southwestern Law School where he taught Law Firm and Civil Litigation practice at the Graduate Legal Academic Program.
Before founding KTL, Daniel was the founding partner of Kramer Holcomb Sheik LLP.
Daniel co-founded the Beverly Hills Bar Association’s Personal Injury Section which he currently chairs and in 2016 he was recently elected as the youngest member of the Southwestern Law School Board of Directors.
Daniel currently serves as President-Elect of the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities where he will serve as president in 2021.
In 2017, Daniel was elected as one of the youngest members to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and in 2019 he was elected by the entire membership to the LA-ABOTA Executive Committee.
He currently serves on the Board of Governors of the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC).
When not in the courtroom Daniel is a die-hard Colorado Buffaloes, Atlanta Braves and Falcons fan, while permanently trying to convince his wife and baby son that they need to jump on the bandwagon because they’ll all be winning championships in no time.
- LATLC Presidential Award for Outstanding Dedication & Services 2016
- LATLC Presidential Award for Outstanding Dedication & Services 2018
- Top 50 Personal Injury Verdict in CA 2016
- Top 10 Premises Liability Verdict in CA 2016
- Top 50 Personal Injury Settlement in CA 2017
- Top 50 Labor & Employment Verdict in CA 2017
- #2 Construction Accident Verdict in CA 2018
- Top 20 Premises Liability Verdict in CA 2018
- Top 100 Personal Injury Verdict in CA 2019
- 2017 Finalist for CAALA's "Rising Star" Award
- 2018 Finalist for CAALA's "Rising Star" Award
- Pasadena Top Attorney 2013-2020
- Super Lawyers "Rising Star" 2018-2020
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- Memberships & Boards
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) - Executive Committee - 2019-Present
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyer's Charities (LATLC) - President Elect - Board of Directors
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association - Board of Directors - 2019-Present
- Trial Lawyers Inn of Court
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Southwestern Young Alumni Association - President 2012-2013
- American Bar Association
- Southwestern Alumni Association - Board of Directors 2016-Present
- Beverly Hills Bar Association - Founding Member of Personal Injury Committee
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) - Board of Directors - 2019-Present
- Association of Southern California Defense Council - Board of Directors - 2012-2014
- Article: Effectively Preparing For and Taking Expert Depositions (Verdict Magazine January 2013)
- Article: Employer Liability for Injuries Caused by Employees: How Far Does the Law Go and Should Employers be Worried? (2013)
- Article: City Liability for Sidewalk Injuries (April 2014)
- Article: Evidence for Punitive Damages in Common Types of Negligence Cases (Advocate October 2015)
- Article: Experts in slip-and-fall and auto-accident cases (Advocate October 2016)
- Article: The Money Cross-Examination of the One-Sided Expert (Advocate October 2017)
- Article: Jury Selection in Premises Liability Cases: Rooting out the Eyerolls (Advocate January 2020)
- Article: Discovery in Nursing Home Abuse Cases (Advocate April 2020)
- Lectures & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker: I’m Not a Lawyer, But I Play One on TV: When Actors Need Legal Counsel; SAG Foundation, October 23, 2012
- Speaker: Mediation Strategies and Tactics for Achieving the Most Favorable Results for Clients; Southwestern Law School, January 23, 2013
- Moderator: Law Firm Growth: What Partners Should Tell Their Associates; ASCDC Annual Seminar, February 28, 2013
- Professor: Graduate Legal Academic Program Southwestern Law School Fall 2013-Present
- Lecturer: MCLE Make it Rain: How to Bring in Bu$siness Through Networking, January 28, 2014
- Moderator: The Personal Injury Trial: Winning Strategies from the Masters, March 27, 2014
- Speaker: How to Prepare for Your First Trial, October 2, 2014
- Honored Speaker: Southwestern 50/50 Annual Reception, March 24, 2015
- Speaker: Crash Course on How to Steer an Auto Accident Case from Inception to Trial, April 9, 2015
- Moderator: Jury Selection: Lessons from the Masters, June 14, 2016
- Speaker: From Classroom to Courtroom for Law Students, October 13, 2016